Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posted as a recipe request. When the chicken is flambayed, the flames from the cavity resemble an erupting vocano.
- Mix the marinade ingredients.
- Coat chicken with the marinade and marinade for about 12 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade allowing to drain thoroughly.
- Heat marinade over medium heat until reduced to a thick sauce.
- Stand the chicken upright on an ovenproof plate.
- Roast in a medium oven until the skin just begins to brown.
- Remove the chicken and place it on a flame proof but table-ready plate.
- Pour whiskey through the cavity of the chicken and over the outside so it is thoroughly coated.
- Ignite and allow the whiskey to burn itself out.
- Serve carved chicken with steamed white rice and stir-fried veggies.