Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Posted as a recipe request. When the chicken is flambayed, the flames from the cavity resemble an erupting vocano.
- 1 (2 lb) chicken
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup whiskey
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons black chili paste in oil
- 1 cup whiskey
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the marinade ingredients.
- Coat chicken with the marinade and marinade for about 12 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade allowing to drain thoroughly.
- Heat marinade over medium heat until reduced to a thick sauce.
- Stand the chicken upright on an ovenproof plate.
- Roast in a medium oven until the skin just begins to brown.
- Remove the chicken and place it on a flame proof but table-ready plate.
- Pour whiskey through the cavity of the chicken and over the outside so it is thoroughly coated.
- Ignite and allow the whiskey to burn itself out.
- Serve carved chicken with steamed white rice and stir-fried veggies.