1 hr 15 mins
Jane from Ohio's Note:
I have had this cake befor but without the glaze. It is wonderful. I will definitely make this with the glaze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix (prepare by following directions on box)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 10 bite-size almond and chocolate covered candies (I had bite-size almond joy) or 10 candies, of choice. (I had bite-size almond joy)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9 by 2-inch cake pan.
- 3Cream mixture:.
- 4Beat cream mixture ingredients together with an electric mixer. Set aside until ready to use.
- 6Line bottom of greased pan with coconut flakes.
- 7Sprinkle pecans on top of coconut.
- 8Set aside.
- 9Follow directions on back of box to prepare cake.
- 10Beat for approximately 2 minutes using an electric mixer.
- 11Fold in the bite sized candy.
- 12Pour into cake pan.
- 13Evenly space dollops of cream mixture on top of the cake.
- 14When the cake cooks, the cream will sink down to the bottom.
- 15This will be the "volcano" of flavor.Bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
- 16While cake is still hot spread the glaze evenly over the cake.
- 18In a small saucepan, melt butter over meduim-low heat.
- 19Whisk in cocoa powder and add milk until you get a thin consistency.
- 20If glaze is too thick, add more mik.
- 21Bring to boil.
- 22Whisk in confectioners' sugar and almond extract.
- 23Glaze should be thin. Remove from heat and allow to cool before using.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Volcano Cake (Paula Deen's)
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 662.4
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 99.2 mg
- Sodium 557.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 60.0 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: