Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from a good friend and great cook. This is an amazing, garlicky appetizer that always goes fast.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (6 ounce) jars artichoke hearts, undrained (the marinated kind)
- 1 round loaf calebraise bread or 1 other round brick-style loaf bread, that can be hollowed out easily
- 1 loaf French bread
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, minced garlic, artichoke hearts in a bowl and blend together using an electric mixer.
- Blend well.
- Slice top off of round loaf of bread, and hollow out the centre of the bread.
- There should be enough room for the amount of dip you have made.
- Try not to make any holes in the bottom of the bread bowl.
- Keep the bread pieces for dipping.
- Fill the bread with the dip mixture.
- Place on a small flat cookie pan and bake in oven for 1 hour.
- Take the loaf of French bread and cut it into bite size pieces.
- When done, place the hot dip in the round loaf on a serving tray, and surround with all of the bite size bread pieces.
Made this as our Valentine's day appetizer. I thought I could make/serve it in a baking dish, instead of the bread. My mistake, all of the oil from the mayo was sitting right on top when I took it out of the oven. I'm assuming when baked in the bread, that would absorb the extra oil. We drained all the oil and ate it with sourdough. The combo of the sourdough and dip was awesome. Great flavor.