Recipe by Blue Peacock
I obtained this recipe from Family Fun magazine. It looks good and is easy to make; kids will be fascinated by its appearance!
- 1⁄2 gallon tub-style container chocolate ice cream
- 2 cups frozen sliced strawberries in syrup
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumb, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- To create the volcano, simply invert the opened half-gallon container of ice cream onto a large plate and cut or peel away the container.
- Allow the ice cream to soften for a few minutes, then use a spoon or butter knife to shape the mountaintop into a peak.
- Sprinkle on plenty of chocolate-cookie-crumb gravel and spoon sliced strawberries (in syrup) over the top. Make sure some flows down the sides.
- You may use fresh sliced strawberries sprinkled with sugar if you desire.