Recipe by Bergy
Be sure to warn you teetotaler guests that they may want to stay away from the tomatoes. These are especially attractive on a festive holiday table. It's also fun when your non teetotaler friends bite into them. You could serve them as an appetizer. Sprinkle a little parsley over them before serving
- 24 cherry tomatoes, cut a cross on the base of the tomato
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled,finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vodka, enough to cover half way up the tomatoe (approx)
- sea salt
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- After you have cut a small cross in the bottom of each tomato place them side by side, cut side down, in a shallow dish salt the tomatoes, just a little.
- Sprinkle the garlic over the tomatoes.
- Pour in enough vodka so it is well above the cut crosses.
- The longer you leave them the more Vodka they will absorb but leave them at least 24 hours at room temperature, then you can refrigerate them.
- Serve with salt.