Recipe by Rita~
The scallops are browned in the garlic and shallot seasoned pan then deglazed with vodka.
Top Review by Vino Girl
These are excellent. DH and I love spicy, hot food so these were not too hot...but close! :) I did not have any shallots so I used a small amount of onion and a bit more garlic. I used some HUGE sea scallops and the cook time was perfect. Thank you!
- 1 lb sea scallops, towel dried, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chili sauce
- 1 scallion, sliced thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a med-hot pan saute shallots and garlic just till lightly browned add parsley.
- Move shallots to the side of pan or remove from pan leaving as much of the seasoned oil in pan.
- Place scallops in pan and brown 3 minutes without moving till golden brown.
- Flip and cook 2-3 more minutes adding more oil if necessary.
- Remove scallops from pan and place on a serving dish.
- Deglaze pan with the vodka (just enough to cover the bottom of the pan you use)scraping the solids from the pan (add back if removed the shallots) add chipotle sauce toss to heat.
- Pour the shallot sauce mixture over the shallots and garnish with scallions.