Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this receipe from a friend a long time ago. It is extremely easy and delicious and has gotten rave reviews every time I've made it. I didn't find one quite like on the website, so I thought I would share. This is a great dinner party meal when served with a nice green salad and a crisp white wine!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 3⁄4 cup vodka
- 1 fish bouillon cube
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 12 ounces dry penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large frying pan, saute garlic in olive oil.
- Add the drained tomatoes, and bring to a boil.
- Add the vodka, and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the fish boullion (trust me on this), stir until dissolved.
- Add the cream and the tarragon.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Finish off with butter if desired.
- Toss with cooked pasta.
- Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
This was so simple and so delicious! I didn't have fish bouillon so just used a chicken one instead and I also added a chopped green chilli to give it a bit of a kick. This will be my regular pasta sauce from now, thanks Aimee!!