Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (i prefer cento tomatoes for this)
- 3⁄4 lb fresh tomato, cored,seeded and diced medium (i use half yellow, half red)
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 cup vodka
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 10 cloves garlic, coarse chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley (fresh parsley)
- 20 basil leaves, chopped
- heat a large skillet over med heat.
- add oil, butter, garlic, and shallot, sauteeing gently for 3-5 min.
- add vodka and cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup.
- add stock and crushed tomato.
- simmer and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- when you like the sauce's consistency, add the fresh tomato and simmer for 5 minutes.
- remove from heat, stir in the cream.
- toss with pasta and garnish with fresh herbs.