Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
"The best spaghetti sauce you 'bout ever put in your mouth!" -Grandmama
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, chopped (about 5 strips)
- 1⁄3 cup vodka
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Melt butter over moderate heat.
- Add bacon and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove pan from heat and add vodka.
- Return to stove and cook until reduced by half.
- Add tomato sauce and cream.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
Full of flavor! When I found the recipe & decided to try it I started to doubt how well it would stand up to other vodka sauces I've made in the past, happy to say this is my favorite! My wife was extremely pleased with it. Simple to make & I can't wait to make it for guests.
I love this recipe doubled it and.....I adapted it for seafood as well, added 1 tsp old bay seasonings....a bit of fresh parsley one onion and 2 stalks celery diced......and tossed in some garlic sauteed prawns.....was DIVINE, ty..
Did everything i was supposed to and it tasted like tomato soup. so i added garlic and old bay.