Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy sauce to throw together on a busy work night. Use with your favorite pasta. I usually double this and freeze a batch.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon shallot (can use onion)
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 fluid ounce vodka
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
- In a saute pan caramelize shallots in olive oil.
- Add tomatoes butter, cream and salt and pepper.
- Cook 10 minutes.
- Add vodka and saute 1 minute more.
- Add Parmesan to taste.
- Use with your favorite pasta.
This was fantastic! the only thing missing was fresh garlic so I added in 2 tablespoons while frying the shallots, I also added in 1 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes and used one 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes that I semi-drained, the addition of vodka really brings this sauce to life, my DH enjoyed this with penne pasta, great recipe that I will make again, thanks for sharing MRSJSPANTS!