1/1 Photo of Vodka Pie Crust
1 hr 5 mins
Uses a trick learned from Cooks' Illustrated
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Process 1 1/2 cups flour, salt, and sugar in food processor until combined, about 2 one-second pulses.
- 2Add butter and shortening and process until homogeneous dough just starts to collect in uneven clumps, about 15 seconds (dough will resemble cottage cheese curds and there should be no uncoated flour).
- 3Scrape bowl with rubber spatula and redistribute dough evenly around processor blade.
- 4Add remaining cup flour and pulse until mixture is evenly distributed around bowl and mass of dough has been broken up, 4 to 6 quick pulses.
- 5Empty mixture into medium bowl.
- 6Sprinkle vodka and water over mixture.
- 7With rubber spatula, use folding motion to mix, pressing down on dough until dough is slightly tacky and sticks together.
- 8Divide dough into two even balls and flatten each into 4-inch disk.
- 9Wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 45 minutes or up to 2 days.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vodka Pie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (730 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1745.6
- Calories from Fat 1097
- Total Fat 121.8 g
- Saturated Fat 58.7 g
- Cholesterol 183.1 mg
- Sodium 1176.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 131.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 16.8 g