Recipe by Barney #17
My mom tried to copy this recipe after we had it in an Italian restaurant, the more we make it, the better I think it is than that restaurant. Penne Pasta in a creamy blush sauce with tomatoes and a touch of vodka.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto (Italian ham)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package Knorr parma rosa sauce mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream
- 5 -6 plum tomatoes (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- parmesan cheese
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté butter, garlic, prosciutto, and some parsley on low/med until ham is a little browned.
- Add vodka, let it cook off for a couple seconds, and add chicken broth. Bring to a boil, stir in the parma rosa packet, mix in the cream, add parmesan cheese to taste.
- Five minutes before you serve, throw the tomatoes in and top with black pepper.
- Serve over penne pasta.