Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Guita Martorana in a community style cookbook that I was going through. I love vodka pasta.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 7 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb prosciutto, cut into small pieces
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 lbs rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated (to taste)
- Brown minced garlic in the butter and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Add vodka and simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add crushed tomatoes, red pepper flakes and chopped basil.
- This can be made ahead up to this point.
- A half hour before serving, add prosciutto and heavy cream.
- Cook pasta to al dente; drain and coate with Parmesan cheese.
- Pour vodka sauce over pasta, mix and serve.