1/1 Photo of Vodka Pasta
Linda S # 2's Note:
So simple and so good! I'm a traditionalist and usually cook my sauce all day, but, we now have this 1 X wk and several finicky friends also love the taste (none knew it had vodka) I like using Barilla Pipette pasta for a change in looks
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you'd like more heat)
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked according to package, be sure to salt well
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1Melt butter in a medium skillet.
- 2add pepper flakes---cook over med high heat 1 minute.
- 3add garlic cook 1 min (don't let it become brown).
- 4MOVE OFF HEAT add vodka.
- 5cook on high 2 minute.
- 6add tomatoes cook 2 minute.
- 7add cream & cream cheese, cook 2 minute.
- 8Adjust hot pepper or add salt if you think it's necessary.
- 9Drain cooked pasta, add to sauce, toss to mix, cook 1 minute covered, put into serving bowl, top with parmesean and chopped parsley.
- 10(We like our pasta wet not dry, you may find this enough sauce for a pound of pasta, but not us).
- 11Serve with salad and crunchy italian bread.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vodka Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (439 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1772.1
- Calories from Fat 959
- Total Fat 106.6 g
- Saturated Fat 65.6 g
- Cholesterol 329.0 mg
- Sodium 1578.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 39.0 g