So simple and so good! I'm a traditionalist and usually cook my sauce all day, but, we now have this 1 X wk and several finicky friends also love the taste (none knew it had vodka) I like using Barilla Pipette pasta for a change in looks
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you'd like more heat)
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked according to package, be sure to salt well
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Melt butter in a medium skillet.
- add pepper flakes---cook over med high heat 1 minute.
- add garlic cook 1 min (don't let it become brown).
- MOVE OFF HEAT add vodka.
- cook on high 2 minute.
- add tomatoes cook 2 minute.
- add cream & cream cheese, cook 2 minute.
- Adjust hot pepper or add salt if you think it's necessary.
- Drain cooked pasta, add to sauce, toss to mix, cook 1 minute covered, put into serving bowl, top with parmesean and chopped parsley.
- (We like our pasta wet not dry, you may find this enough sauce for a pound of pasta, but not us).
- Serve with salad and crunchy italian bread.