Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Heat a large skillet over moderate heat.
- Add oil, butter, garlic, and shallots.
- Gently saute shallots for 3 to 5 minutes to develop their sweetness.
- Reduce vodka by half.
- Add chicken stock, tomatoes.
- Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- While sauce simmers, cook pasta in salted boiling water.
- Stir cream into sauce.
- When sauce returns to a bubble, remove it from heat.
- Drain pasta.
- Toss hot pasta with sauce and basil leaves.
Marvelous! Seasoned up some boneless skinless chicken breasts and seared them on both sides and removed. Then continued on with the recipe and added them back to the sauce as it was simmering until done. Removed again. Added milk (no cream), thickened the sauce with cornstarch and then added bow tie pasta and shredded parmesan cheese. Plated each pasta mixture and topped it with a chicken breast and some more parmesan. Simply marvelous! Yum...
This was really great! I made it for my husband on St. Valentine's Day and it will now become a staple meal in our home. It went well with a baked chicken breast, but I think would be a great stand-alone as well. It was also such an easy meal to make. Next time I will add a little more garlic just because we like it. *Even the leftovers were to die for.
Fantastic! I'm fussy about my pasta. This was awesome. I'm making it again today after thinking about it all week! I used a fresh pasta/noodle that was given to me. Perfect as is.