Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Heat a large skillet over moderate heat.
- Add oil, butter, garlic, and shallots.
- Gently saute shallots for 3 to 5 minutes to develop their sweetness.
- Reduce vodka by half.
- Add chicken stock, tomatoes.
- Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- While sauce simmers, cook pasta in salted boiling water.
- Stir cream into sauce.
- When sauce returns to a bubble, remove it from heat.
- Drain pasta.
- Toss hot pasta with sauce and basil leaves.