Top Review by Spammers
Marvelous! Seasoned up some boneless skinless chicken breasts and seared them on both sides and removed. Then continued on with the recipe and added them back to the sauce as it was simmering until done. Removed again. Added milk (no cream), thickened the sauce with cornstarch and then added bow tie pasta and shredded parmesan cheese. Plated each pasta mixture and topped it with a chicken breast and some more parmesan. Simply marvelous! Yum...
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 (32 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- coarse salt
- 16 ounces pasta, such as penne rigate
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 20 leaves fresh basil, shredded or torn
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet over moderate heat.
- Add oil, butter, garlic, and shallots.
- Gently saute shallots for 3 to 5 minutes to develop their sweetness.
- Reduce vodka by half.
- Add chicken stock, tomatoes.
- Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- While sauce simmers, cook pasta in salted boiling water.
- Stir cream into sauce.
- When sauce returns to a bubble, remove it from heat.
- Drain pasta.
- Toss hot pasta with sauce and basil leaves.