Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a Francesco Rinaldi ToBe Healthy pasta sauce recipe that I found in the GIANT Foods Healthy Ideas magazine that is distributed at our local GIANT grocery store. It sounds simple and easy and like something that my family would enjoy. Posting for safe keeping and I will adjust ingredients once I actually make it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (recipe suggests using Francesco Rinaldi ToBe Healthy Tomato & Basil sauce)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb cooked pasta (fettuccine, penne or farfalle)
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil.
- Brown the prosciutto.
- Add garlic and pepper flakes and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, parsley, basil and vodka. Bring to a simmer and cook 12-15 minutes (it is okay if it simmers a little longer).
- While the sauce is simmering, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- With 5 minutes left on the pasta, add light cream to the spaghetti sauce mixture and stir to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta and serve with sauce.