PSU Lioness's Note:
This is a Francesco Rinaldi ToBe Healthy pasta sauce recipe that I found in the GIANT Foods Healthy Ideas magazine that is distributed at our local GIANT grocery store. It sounds simple and easy and like something that my family would enjoy. Posting for safe keeping and I will adjust ingredients once I actually make it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 lb prosciutto, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (recipe suggests using Francesco Rinaldi ToBe Healthy Tomato & Basil sauce)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup light cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb cooked pasta (fettuccine, penne or farfalle)
- 1In a large saute pan, heat olive oil.
- 2Brown the prosciutto.
- 3Add garlic and pepper flakes and saute for about 30 seconds.
- 4Add the spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, parsley, basil and vodka. Bring to a simmer and cook 12-15 minutes (it is okay if it simmers a little longer).
- 5While the sauce is simmering, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- 6With 5 minutes left on the pasta, add light cream to the spaghetti sauce mixture and stir to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 7Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Drain pasta and serve with sauce.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vodka Blush Pasta Sauce With Fresh Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.3
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 14.0 mg
- Sodium 180.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: