Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great pasta dish
- 2 ounces citrus-infused vodka
- 2 ounces dry vermouth
- 1 1⁄2 medium vidalia onions, sliced into 1/4 inch thick strips
- 4 ounces prosciutto, sliced into 1/4 inch thick strips
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 4 eggs
- parmesan cheese
- Using a large pan, sauté the onions slowly in 1/4 cup of olive oil until they start to caramelize.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the strips of ham.
- Stir and then take the pan off the heat and stop the cooking process by adding the rest of the olive oil (1/2 cup), vodka and dry vermouth.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the package. Drain it and let it sit in the strainer for about 2 minutes to allow the excess steam to dissipate.
- cut the basil in strips and whisk the eggs.
- Warm up the sauce, add the basil and mix in the warm spaghetti.
- Stir to ensure the onions and ham are evenly distributed. The mixture should be hot.
- Remove the pan from the heat and fold the eggs into the spaghetti. The eggs should thicken but not set. If it is too runny put the pan back on the burner on medium heat and stir until it thickens.
- Serve immediately.