Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful flavor! Tangy, sharp and delicious! May be used in grilled sandwiches, on crackers or in celery pieces. Great for lunch or as an appetizer for parties. My sister, Vivian, is famous for her pimento cheese. Our family thinks she makes the absolute best! We had this speciality many times in childhood!
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (3 ounce) jar pimientos, diced
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (or miracle whip)
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Allow cheese to get to room temperature before making.
- Drain pimentoes well and finely chop.
- Blend cheese, mayonnaise, prepared mustard and hot sauce.
- Fold in pimentoes.
- Keep refrigerated.
Love the tang added by the mustard. Delicious
I stuffed some celery with it. I added finely chopped olives in with it and it was wonderful. It had everyone going back to the dish for more!
One of my favorite sandwich is Pimento and this made a excellant one. Thanks Seasoned cook Bullwinkle