Vivian my good friend gave me her recipe for fresh frozen peaches after I had told her that my canned ones were not what I had expected. She told me that she never cans them only freezes them. When I tasted her recipe I knew there was no going back, except for seconds! These are wonderful and so fresh you think you just fixed right then! The teaspoon measurement is a very big heap!
- 4 cups peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fruit fresh, heaping
- Mix together sugar and fruit fresh in a small bowl.
- Do not put peaches in hot water to peel, there is no need to.
- Peel and slice peaches into a larger bowl.
- Pour sugar mixture over the peaches.
- Gently mix with the peaches.
- Put peaches into freezer bags or containers.
- Mark with name, date, and amount if desired.
- Seal and freeze.
- Only make small amounts at a time to keep fruit from turning brown.
- For Pie and other desserts: drain juice if needed and add the rest of your favorite ingredients.
- I have not tried them in other desserts, they just don't make it that far!
- The get ate before that!
This is a great recipe, I actuall didn't have any 'fruit fresh' and the peaches still turned out great! Wonderful easy way to save all those fresh 'on sale' peaches!!!