Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
You know those raspberry filled, thinly chocolate coated Viva Puff cookies you can buy? This tastes almost the same, but I haven't figured out how to add that thin layer of chocolate and still be able to cut the squares afterwards without making a mess. I'd love your ideas! (Prep time does not include chill time)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 ounces raspberry gelatin powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 15 ounces frozen raspberries, partly thawed
- 32 large marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Crust: Mix flour, butter and sugar until crumbly.
- Press into ungreased 9x9 inch pan and bake at 325F for 15 minutes.
- Filling: Stir gelatin and water together until dissolved.
- Add raspberries and mix.
- Chill until syrupy. Pour over crumbs and return to refrigerator.
- Melt marshmallows in milk in top of double boiler. Cool.
- Whip cream until stiff. Fold into cooled marshmallow mixture.
- Spread over firm raspberry jelly and chill until set.
Try this method; when the bars are chilled, turn them out of the pan, cut to desired shape -diamonds or squares or what ever, arrange them on a wire rack and pour your chocolate over the individual pieces. Then chill. I usually line the buttered pan with waxed paper or parchment cut long enough to hang over the pan on opposite ends. Butter or grease the paper and proceed as usual. When it time to take the bars out of your pan just lift by the paper. Foil works also. Hope these ideas will help. Let me know how it works out for you !