1/1 Photo of Viva Madrid Red Wine Pear and Blue Cheese Toasts
An out of this world appetizer. The flavors together are fantastic. A sure fire way to impress!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- 2Simmer wine, sugar and lemon juice and mix for about 10 minutes.
- 3Cut up pears into thin half moon slices.
- 4Simmer pears in wine until liquid begins to thicken slightly. You want a syrupy consistency, not molasses.
- 5Cut half of the baguette into slices (cut at an angle gives you wider slices).
- 6Grease a baking pan to fit the slices.
- 7Smear a layer of blue cheese on top of each piece of bread.
- 8Using tongs, gently place 2 poached pear slices on each piece of bread.
- 9Bake for 15 minutes, or until bread looks lightly toasted.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Viva Madrid Red Wine Pear and Blue Cheese Toasts
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1133.4
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 31.9 mg
- Sodium 1911.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 197.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 51.1 g
- Protein 39.6 g