Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From a older FFA/HERO cookbook.
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed (medium size)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of onion soup
- 1 (4 ounce) jar mushrooms
- 1 (6 ounce) jar picante sauce (small size)
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked, chopped
- tortilla chips, crushed
- Melt cheese in large saucepan over low heat.
- Add soups, mushrooms, picante sauce and chicken, mixing well.
- Lien baking dish with chips.
- Spoon cheese mixture over chips.
- Top with additional chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
- OAMC DIRECTIONS:.
- To freeze: Assemble as directed through step 2. Allow to cool and place in freezer bags. Seal, pushing out as much air as possible. Label and freeze.
- To serve: Allow to thaw in fridge. Finish assembly and bake as directed.
We loved this. I made this for freezer tag 2008. I could not find cream of onion soup anywhere so I used cream of mushroom soup instead. I followed the rest of the recipe as written. I did step one and two. At this point I let it cool. Of course we had to taste test it LOL. We loved it. We ate it spread on crackers and it was very tasty. I then froze in two packets because it makes a lot. I pulled the one packet in the morning and let it thaw. I wasn't sure if hubby would eat it as a casserole so I heated the mixture up in the microwave and served it with the totilla chips on the side. Everyone loved it that way too. I will be making this again.