1 hr 20 mins
No more boring chicken casserole. This is quick and good. A true family favorite! Note that for best results, this dish should be made a day in advance. However, I've made it at the last minute before and it has come out quite good (just a little soupier).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breast fillets, diced
- 12 corn tortillas, each cut into 4 strips
- 1 (7 ounce) jar green chili salsa
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded miled cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can milk (soup can)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Melt butter in skillet and cook diced chicken until lightly browned. Set aside.
- 3Butter/grease 9"x13" baking dish (glass recommended).
- 4In large mixing bowl, combine soups, milk, salsa and onion. Mix well.
- 5Coat baking dish with a thin layer of the soup mixture.
- 6Layer half the tortilla strips on top of the soup mixture.
- 7Over the tortilla strips, add one layer each of the chicken, soup mixture and cheeses (add more cheese than the indicated 2 cups if you like things cheesier).
- 9Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- 10One-half hour before baking, remove from refrigerator.
- 11Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until heated through and bubbly.
- 12Let stand 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Viva La Chicken!
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.4
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 49.6 mg
- Sodium 1133.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 16.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets