Recipe by True Texas
Another recipe from "Best Recipes from Name Brand Products" cookbook. Oh, my this is my new favorite Mexican Casserole. I might use Monterey Jack cheese instead of the cheddar the next I make this.
Top Review by babygirl65
I make somthing very similar to this. I do not cut up the tortilla, I leave them whole. Instead of yogurt I use sour cream, for green salsa I use chopped green chilies (Hatch are the best, I think) and I use Mexican blend cheese, they melt more smoother...YUMMY!!
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth or 2 tablespoons water
- 2 (6 ounce) cartons plain yogurt
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) jar green chili salsa
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into 1 inch strips
- 4 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (16 oz)
- spanish stuffed olives, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Butter rectangular baking dish, 13 x 9 inches; spoon broth into dish.
- Mix yogurt, soups, salsa and onion.
- Layer 1/3 of the tortillas strips, 1 1/3 cups of the chicken, about 1 1/3 cups of the soup mixture and 1 1/3 cups of the cheese in dish; repeat 2 times.
- Bake uncovered 40 minutes. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with olives.