Recipe by Ceil from NJ
This is a great summer dish. You can use any kind of cutlet - veal, chicken or pork - for this dish. Your ingredients must all be very good, because the dish is so simple.
- 1 lb veal cutlets or 1 lb chicken cutlets or 1 lb turkey cutlets
- 1 cup flour, seasoned to taste
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned to taste
- 4 eggs, beaten and seasoned to taste
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, split into 1/4 and 1/4
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, very fresh, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3⁄4 cup tomatoes, seeded, cored, and diced
- 2 bunches arugula, stemmed and washed and crisped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1 tbsb. fresh lemon juice, minced garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pound the cutlets thin.
- Dip in flour and shake off excess.
- Dip in egg, and let excess drain off.
- Dip in breadcrumbs, and shake off excess.
- Fry cutlets in 1/4 cup of the olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden. Do not overcook! Drain on paper towels.
- Mix dressing with arugula, diced tomatoes, and diced mozzarella. Do this at the last minute, or the arugula will wilt and turn mushy.
- Place cutlets on plate. Put salad of arugula, tomatoes and mozzarella over the top of the cutlets.