Recipe by kathy2263
Dietary Interest: vegetarian, high fiber, low cholesterol. Super easy to make and very, very moist.
- 1 2⁄3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute or 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350?F (180?C).
- Spray an 8 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch (21.25 cm x 11.25 cm) loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium-size bowl. Set aside.
- Place egg, sugar, butter spread, milk, lemon peel, bananas, and applesauce into the Vitamix in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds or until mixed.
- Pour batter into dry ingredients and mix gently by hand to combine.
- Stir nuts into batter, reserving some to sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.