Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Pumpkin-carrot, whole grain, low fat muffins. Haven't tried yet- sound like they could be really good! Substitute soy milk for vegan muffins. Could also add raisins, coconut, toasted nuts or pumkin seeds or dried blueberries... Not sure on the yield, its a guesstimate.
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3⁄4 cup wheat bran (real wheat bran, not cereal)
- 1⁄2 cup oats (not instant)
- 1⁄3 cup ground flax seeds
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute (or other sugar substitute)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk (or soy milk)
- 1 1⁄4 cups canned pumpkin (normal canned pumpkin, not the pumpking pie filling variety!)
- 1 cup grated carrot
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix milk, sugar, syrup, pumpkin and carrots.
- In a seperate bowl, mix flour, wheat bran, oats, flax seeds, baking powder, and spice.
- Mix everything together, then add nuts or whatever add-ins you like.
- Pour into greased or paper cup lined muffin tin.
- Bake 25-35 minutes or until done.
- For Vegan use the soy milk option.