Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
A superfood meal. High in fiber, vitamins and minerals. Low in fat. A one dish meal and 30 minutes to make. Use Castelli cheese if you are veggie, otherwise use the Grana Padano. Jazz it up by adding some fried chopped bacon or replace the mushrooms with halved cherry toms.
Top Review by Red Chef Mama
This was delicious! I am taking a nutrition course in college right now and we needed to bring in a healthy recipe so I picked this and everyone really really liked it! I added mushrooms and tomato and a little feta in it...love the flavor of the toasted pine nuts...thanks it was great! :)
- 250 g pappardelle pasta
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled seeded and chunked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 4 flat mushrooms, sliced
- 250 g washed spinach
- 1 tablespoon castelli cheese or 1 tablespoon grana padano
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to pack instructions. When there is 5 minutes of cooking time remaining add the squash.
- Heat half the oil in a pan. Fry pine nuts until they start to colour. Add garlic and soften for a minute. Add rest of oil and increase heat. Fry mushrooms for 2 - 3 minutes Add spinach and wilt.
- Drain pasta and squash and add to pan. mix well.
- Serve topped with cheese and chillies.