Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This appears in The Complete Book of Raw Food; placing here for safekeeping. Its not loaded with nuts, like most raw recipes, so thats a big plus for me!
- 1 cup distilled water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 ounces greens (spinach, kale, etc.)
- 1 medium apple, quartered and cored
- 1⁄2-1 medium avocado, quartered, peeled and pitted
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 habanero pepper (optional)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground kelp or 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon dulse seaweed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Adjust flavors to taste and serve at room temperature.
I'm the household health nut and usually when I make something, no one else likes it. But the BF really dug this soup -- he said it was weird, but in a way that was interesting to his taste buds. I myself do not like cucumber and since that was the primary taste in this soup, I was not a fan. I may try it again someday with an extra avocado or something instead.
I liked this and will make again. The apple was a good touch, not too much.Trying to eat more raw. Made for My 3 Chefs 09.