Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Don't blame me for not telling that this, if taken before bed time at night, can be a real aphrodisiac.........U R too intelligent to get it right !
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk (I use skimmed one)
- 1 green cardamoms, crushed
- 1 pinch saffron strand
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons brown sugar, as per your taste
- Bring the milk to a boil with crushed cardamom and allow to simmer on medium heat for around 7-8 minutes.
- You can also microwave it for the same time.
- Add saffron in the last half minute.
- Pour into the cup, mix sugar and enjoy sip after sip!
5 comforting stars with a lot more cardamom and the full amount of brown sugar which is really good in this. I used rice milk to be dairy free but can be sure it would be perfect with cows milk. I will be making this again definitely.
I don't know if this is an aphrodesiac or not, really (although the flavors are undeniably "sexy") but it tastes great! Definitely not like the warm milk that your mom would give you to help you sleep (at least here in the US! I guess najwa's mother gave her this!) I actually used 2 cardamom pods and a large pinch of saffron. I was surprised at how well the flavors go together - the exotic flavor of the saffron and the distinct tangy sweetness of the cardamom. Just divine! Very comforting. I was kind of hesitant to add as much sugar as the recipe calls for as I usually prefer less sweet drinks, but this needs it and the brown sugar adds a nice richness to the flavors of the spices. I love this! Thanks for posting.
I love this milk! My mother would make it in the winter and I would drink it before leaving for school :) We do add more cardamom and sugar, but that is just our personal taste .. thanks for posting!