Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Don't remember where I got this recipe years ago, but the source claimed: "This mix contains complete protein, full B-complex, digestive aids, body purifiers, and decongestants; it alone could sustain you." A tablespoon or so makes a tasty and filling breakfast on a cup of plain yogurt.
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1⁄3 cup kelp powder
- 1⁄3 cup dried basil leaves
- 1⁄3 cup poppy seed
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cayenne powder
- 2 tablespoons dill seeds or 2 tablespoons celery seeds or 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- Mix all ingredients and store in a jar.
- Sprinkle on yogurt, cottage cheese, or any vegetable, grain, or salad dish.
- NOTE: The final 2 T of seeds may be a mix of dill, celery, and/or caraway seeds.
I love nutritional yeast, and mixed with the herbs and spices, this goes great over veggies and potatoes and rice too! Thanks! I used celery seed for the optional spice. Made for Healthy Choices Tag in the game room.