1/2 Photos of Vita-B Chicken Burgers
Wheat germ is high in various B vitamins such as folate, niacin, thiamin, and vitamin B6 as well as calcium, fiber, vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids. These burgers are quick to make and taste great! I serve mine on regular burger buns with guacamole & melted cheddar on top and pickled pepper rings & jalepeño bbq sauce beneath... So good :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken breasts (about a lb or lb & a half)
- 1/4 cup wheat germ (or more if you'd like)
- 1 -2 teaspoon vegetable oil (or oil of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (the kind you make chili with)
- salt and pepper (about 1/4 tsp each)
- 1Process chicken in a food processor. You could use pre-ground if you have it on hand, but I bought some cheap quality breasts and wanted to get rid of them --
- 2Add all spices and wheat germ. You could process to avoid manhandling the chicken, but my food processor is a small one so I mix in a separate bowl with my hands.
- 3Form mixture into 4 baseball-size balls, then flatten evenly. Burgers tend to rise in the middle, so it's important to flatten them evenly, or even a bit more in the centres.
- 4At this point you can bbq the burgers on an oiled grill or, as I do, broil in a gas broiler on tinfoil (to help with clean up).
- 5Spritz burgers with oil and broil or grill for 7 minutes. The tops (or bottoms on a grill) will be a nice golden brown.
- 6Flip burgers, spritz again and broil or grill for about 5 more minutes.
- 7Top with cheese and let burgers sit off the heat source for a few minutes. The cheese will melt and the burgers will retain their juices.
- 8Top with guacamole or sliced tomato (or both if you like your burger kinda sloppy!).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vita-B Chicken Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.3
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 52.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 16.9 g