1/6 Photos of Visko's Praline Sauce
Chef Kate's Note:
This heavenly sauce is served over vanilla ice cream at Visko's Restaurant, just south of New Orleans in Gretna. It's dangerously addictive. The recipe is supposed to enough for eight servings---I've seen 4 people make it disappear with no trouble at all. Prep time does not include cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan.
- 2Stir in the brown sugar.
- 3Add the Karo syrup and the water and cook the mixture over medium heat until it reaches the boiling point.
- 4Continue boiling for a minute, stirring constantly.
- 5Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- 6Stir in the rum, maple extract and pecans.
- 7The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- 8Serve slightly warm over good quality vanilla ice cream.
- 9Should there be any left over, store it covered in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Visko's Praline Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.0
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 125.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 30.2 g
- Protein 1.4 g