Recipe by Sharon123
Visions of sugarplums dancing in my head! A sweet gift, so easy to make, the kids can help! A lovely addition to a cookie tray, and healthy too! Adapted from American Profile magazine.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
As much as I enjoy making candy & holiday treats, THESE WERE ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL TO MAKE AND TO EAT! The combo of dried fruit with dark chocolate was especially nice! A great keeper, since I plan to make these often! Thanks for a great posting! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1 cup dried dates, pieces
- 1 cup golden raisin (or regular)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips (or dark)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar (or turbinado or brown sugar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place dates and raisins in a food processor. Add the cherries, apricots, chocoate chips and walnuts.
- Pulse several times to chop coarsely.
- Add the orange juice and pulse until the mixture holds together.
- Form into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm. Enjoy!