Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Visions of sugarplums dancing in my head! A sweet gift, so easy to make, the kids can help! A lovely addition to a cookie tray, and healthy too! Adapted from American Profile magazine.
- Place dates and raisins in a food processor. Add the cherries, apricots, chocoate chips and walnuts.
- Pulse several times to chop coarsely.
- Add the orange juice and pulse until the mixture holds together.
- Form into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm. Enjoy!
As much as I enjoy making candy & holiday treats, THESE WERE ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL TO MAKE AND TO EAT! The combo of dried fruit with dark chocolate was especially nice! A great keeper, since I plan to make these often! Thanks for a great posting! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
What a lovely sweet treat! I made half the recipe, using dried strawberries in place of the cherries and dark chocolate. Everyone agreed that this was very sweet without being cloying or heavy and, given that they are mostly fruit, relatively guilt free. I'm planning to make these slightly smaller in little gilt cups and pack theem in Christmas baskets. Thanks for a great recipe, Sharon!