Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe came from a low-fat brochure - I think Richard Simmon's. Very good, and must use suggested egg and applesauce amounts, or bread will be too dry.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup cholesterol-free egg substitute
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce (can use unsweetened, but I prefer sweetened applesauce)
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (approx 1 medium, you could also use 1 cup of caned pumpkin instead of zucchini)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a small loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In another small bowl, combine the liquid egg product, applesauce and zucchini.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and using an electric mixer, mix until well blended.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and spread evenly- can sprinkle a little sugar and cinnamon on top if desired.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.