Recipe came from a low-fat brochure - I think Richard Simmon's. Very good, and must use suggested egg and applesauce amounts, or bread will be too dry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cholesterol-free egg substitute
- 3/4 cup applesauce (can use unsweetened, but I prefer sweetened applesauce)
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (approx 1 medium, you could also use 1 cup of caned pumpkin instead of zucchini)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray a small loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 4In another small bowl, combine the liquid egg product, applesauce and zucchini.
- 5Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and using an electric mixer, mix until well blended.
- 6Pour mixture into loaf pan and spread evenly- can sprinkle a little sugar and cinnamon on top if desired.
- 7Bake 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Virtually Fat-Free Zucchini Bread
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.9
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 131.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cholesterol-free egg substitute