Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
A healthy alternative to regular pumpkin muffins with no sacrifice of flavor. Moist and delicious. They'll fly off the cooling rack!
- 236.59 ml milk
- 118.29 ml applesauce
- 425.24 g can pumpkin
- 4 egg whites
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml salt
- 295.73 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 6.16 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 1.23 ml ginger
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir until all of the ingredients are JUST MOISTENED to keep them fluffy.
- Scoop into nonstick or paper-lined mini-muffin tray.
- Bake at 375 for 14 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
- Optional: You may add a cup of walnuts to the mix and/or top them with icing or confectioners sugar if desired.
These are great muffins! I topped them lightly with some icing and a sprinkling of walnuts. Wow! I will be making these to take along to Thanksgiving dinner. They are sure to be a huge success!
I could not stop eating these! They are especially good with cream cheese icing. Adding pecans might be nice too.
Nice little bite with good flavor. I do find them a bit heavy, but still tasty. Maybe I over mixed. :)