Recipe by - Carla -
This is really a basic recipe, you can use whatever you like for seasoning. I use Mrs Dash seasonings, Italian seasonings, Garlic Powder, Cajun seasonings and other times I just make them with a little salt and pepper. This basic recipe contains roughly 0.2 grams of fat and 206 calories per potato.
Top Review by Junebug
These were easy to make and I like it that it calls for ingredients I always have and that it is so versatile. You can change the spices to blend the flavors in with the rest of your meal. I used italian herbs, garlic salt, paprika and fresh ground pepper. Thank for sharing this yummy recipe with us Carla!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 -2 egg white
- 2 large potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 3 -4 tablespoons dried herbs, & seasonings of choice
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray foil covered cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix bread crumbs with herbs and seasonings of choice.
- In a shallow bowl mix together the egg whites with milk.
- Dip potatoes into the egg/milk mixture and shake off any excess.
- Toss potatoes in with the bread crumb mixture.
- Place single layer onto a cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until bread crumbs turn goldish brown.
- Serve & Enjoy!