Recipe by Katie #7
This is delicious. I made it off of the idea from Nigella with her cake. However, I do not like ground almonds and the fat content is high. It is so delicious with vanilla ice cream (fat free, no sugar added or whatever).
- 1 cup crushed Kashi Golean cereal
- 2 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular or 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- 2 clementines, unpealed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the clementines in a saucepan and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil for 2 hours and add water if too much has evaporated.
- Grind the Kashi Go Lean in a food processor until it is still coarse and resembles a hard meal. The yield of the Kashi should be enough so you can use about 3/4 cup of this.
- After boiling, let clementines cool. Cut them in half and take out the seeds. Put them both in a food processor and blend until it is a thick pulp.
- Add all ingredients and blend in a food processor (or by hand) until it's well blended.
- Put in a greased pan as long as the cake is about 1 1/2 inch worth of batter inside the pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Let sit 10 minutes before removing.
- Note: If you have a springform pan, it works great.