Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A refreshing & delicious herbal and tea blend to sip on a warm day, or just while visiting with your special friend. This recipe was passed along from my friend Virginia Murphy of the Orange County Herb Society. Virginia is a lovely lady who also runs The Herboretum Herb Farm here in the Temecula Valley Wine Country. She grows and sells a nice selection of herbs, scented-geraniums, and other herbaceous plants. A great place to visit if you are in the area!
- 3 rose-scented geranium leaves
- 3 peppermint-scented variety geranium leaves (or regular mint leaves)
- 1 geranium leaf, for garnish
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 tea bags
- 1 pinch salt (not enough to taste)
- honey or sugar, to taste
- Pour 1/2 pint of boiling water over all ingredients; cover and infuse for five minutes.
- Sweeten to taste, perhaps with honey.
- Strain, cool and chill; serve over crushed ice with a leaf in each glass.
Lovely!! I did use peppermint tea along with mint leaves and rose geranium leaves. I skipped the salt. Sweetened with honey. Thanks!