Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I love this recipe! You don't have to cook the lasagne noodles, separately, and it always turns out great! I got the recipe from a box of Skinner lasagne noodles, years ago, and I've been making it, this way, ever since!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (32 ounce) jarthick spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown beef in 3 quart saucepan; drain, and add sauce and water; simmer about 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except lasagne, for filling.
- Pour about 1 cup sauce in bottom of 9X13 pan.
- Layer 3 uncooked lasagne noodles on top of sauce; top with about 1 1/2 cups sauce, and 1/2 of cheese filling.
- Repeat layers of noodles, sauce, and filling.
- Top with a layer of noodles and remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake another 10 minutes.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes, to make cutting easier.
I would give this 10 stars if I could for taste, easy, and that my better half liked it! He claimed he did not like lasagna, but loved this! Great fast recipe...
Who knew lasagna could be this easy? As much as I love lasagna, I have avoided making it because my first and only attempt several years ago was more than a notion. So glad I found this recipe! It's easy AND delicious .... thanks for posting!
I have used this recipe for about 20 years, I just pulled it off the side of the Skinner noodle box. I have added Italian sausage to it, tried a variety of different sauces. You don't have to cook the noodles, but I recommend you add the water to the lasagne or it will not cook the noodles fully!! The cheese mix is fantastic! I would be willing to go head to head with some restaurants with this recipe!!