Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I love this recipe! You don't have to cook the lasagne noodles, separately, and it always turns out great! I got the recipe from a box of Skinner lasagne noodles, years ago, and I've been making it, this way, ever since!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (32 ounce) jarthick spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown beef in 3 quart saucepan; drain, and add sauce and water; simmer about 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except lasagne, for filling.
- Pour about 1 cup sauce in bottom of 9X13 pan.
- Layer 3 uncooked lasagne noodles on top of sauce; top with about 1 1/2 cups sauce, and 1/2 of cheese filling.
- Repeat layers of noodles, sauce, and filling.
- Top with a layer of noodles and remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake another 10 minutes.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes, to make cutting easier.
I would give this 10 stars if I could for taste, easy, and that my better half liked it! He claimed he did not like lasagna, but loved this! Great fast recipe...
I too got this off of the Skinner lasagna box many moons ago but they quit putting it on the boxes and I forgot a few steps here and there but I was thrilled to find it on here. I was taken back by the add 1-1/2 cups of water because even when I did it the way they said on the box I don't recall using any water at all & it turned out great. I tried it using 1 cup instead of what the recipe on here called for and it was good just a hair soupy. I'm going to do it again maybe cut it back to 1/2 cup of water because I cooked a double batch with 1 cup of water and it was too runny but great never the less. Thanks for posting one of my favorite recipes!
Who knew lasagna could be this easy? As much as I love lasagna, I have avoided making it because my first and only attempt several years ago was more than a notion. So glad I found this recipe! It's easy AND delicious .... thanks for posting!