- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix salt with cornmeal, cut in shortening.
- Slowly pour boiling water into mixture, stirring as you pour.
- Beat the eggs with the milk, stir into cornmeal mixture.
- Add baking powder and blend all ingredients well.
- Grease a casserole dish generously and pour in the mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, stirring 2-3 times before the mixture congeals Serve hot from the casserole with a spoon.