Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup grits, uncooked
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, separate out yolks
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
- Stir cornmeal and grits into water very slowly over low heat until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- Stir frequently, it will take about 30 minutes.
- Beat in the butter, cream and salt, then the egg yolks.
- Whip egg whites until soft peaks form and fold into cornmeal.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until puffed and lightly browned.
- •Serving Ideas : Serve immediately with lots of butter.