Recipe by alligirl
This is a lovely canape for parties, great to take to a potluck. I always use 'country' ham, but use your favorite ham! This will be much easier if you have 4 miniature muffin tins. I don't remember where this came from, but I've had it saved for awhile.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Delicious Alli, simply delicious. Another winner from Alligirl. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely treat. This recipe was quick and easy to make with terrific results.I used puff pastry for the base because I pulled the wrong box out of the freezer. It worked really well in this recipe. The filling was so delicious. Made for Culinary Quest for the Suitcase Gourmets.
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped virginia ham (cooked)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded granny smith apple
- 1⁄4 cup ground Ritz cracker crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Lay one sheet of phyllo on a large cutting board and brush with some of the melted butter. Repeat with second and third sheets, stacking on top of the previous as you go and ending with fourth sheet unbuttered.
- Cut rectangular stack into 48 squares (6 lengthwise cuts. 8 shortwise cuts) and press into muffin tins that have been coated with non-stick spray.
- Combine ham, cheese, apple and crumbs in a bowl and press about one tablespoon into each phyllo shell (may be done several hours ahead to this point, wrap and refrigerate).
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.