Prep 50 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 12 soft shelled crabs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Dress fresh crabs or thaw frozen crabs. Rinse in cold water; drain.
- Combine eggs, milk, and salt.
- Combine flour and crumbs.
- Dip crabs in egg mixture and roll in flour/crumb mixture. For heavier breading, let crabs sit several minutes and repeat dipping/rolling procedure. Additional spices, such as cayenne pepper and garlic, may also be added.
- Place crabs in a heavy frying pan which contains 1/8 to 1/4 inch of fat, hot but not smoking.
- Fry at moderate heat. When crabs are brown on one side, turn carefully and brown the other side. Cooking time is approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
This is a great basic recipe for you to experiment with. I added some Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning and a little Old Bay to the flour. It was a great addition for the crab. We loved them! I am saving this for future use!
I added in some Old Bay Seasoning to the flour and this was really good!
Yum is all I can say. Splendid recipe!