Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Guy Fieri's 'Diner, Drive-Ins and Dives'; adapted from a recipe courtesy of Chris Epperson from the Virgina Diner restaurant, a Virginia landmark, in Wakefield, Virginia.
- 1 pre-baked pie crust (9 inch)
- 8 ounces salted virginia peanuts
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Crush the peanuts with rolling pin or mallet.
- Lightly beat the eggs; whisk in the sugar and flour until well combined.
- Add corn syrup and peanuts, and then add butter.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the pie is a rich golden brown, set around the edges, but still a little loose in the center. (If the crust gets too dark, tent the edges with a pie shield or foil during the last part of baking.).
- Cool to room temperature.
- Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
A little too sweet, but very delicious. I did cover the crust with foil until the last 15 mins of baking.