Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From Orlando Sentinel August 30, 2006
Make and share this Virginia Barbecue recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs trimmed boneless pork loin roast or 2 1⁄2 lbs pork shoulder
- 1⁄2 medium onion, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cut roast into chunks. Place in 3-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Mix onion, ketchup, sugar, mustard, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, pepper. Pour on roast. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove pork from cooker; shred. Mix with sauce in cooker.
We had this lovely barbecue for dinner tonight, using pork tenderloin. I slow cooked the pork in the crockpot for 8 hours. It was awesome, the meat was tender, juicy and full of flavor. The sauce was tangy with a nice heat. It made for a great meal, served with fresh fruit salad and italian buns. Really tasty pulled pork sandwiches. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe Colleen. We will be enjoying this again. Made for Spring Pac/12.