Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
My next door neighbor Steve is a pretty darn good cook IMO, and he has given me permission to post and share another one of his favorites he made last night. I told him his other one got a 5 and I'll bet this one does too. Try it...you'll love it.
- 2 cups apples, sliced thin
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Combine sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and milk to make a batter.
- Pour the batter on the butter (without mixing).
- Put apples in the center of the batter (without mixing).
- Bake in 375 degree oven until batter covers apples and crust browns, approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
- Note: This is especially delicious if made with Northern Spy apples.
WOW this is good! I never heard of northern spy apples so I used Winesaps that we picked a couple of weekends ago and this was excellent! I served it warm on vanilla ice cream and mmmmmmm, this recipe is delicious! Thanks :-)
This turned out delicious! I made this vegan by using soy milk instead of milk and vegan butter instead of butter. Also based on other reviews I cut the amount of butter to a little more than a 1/4 cup (just enough for a thin layer on the bottom of the pan). Thank you and your neighbor for such a great dessert.
This is my all time favorite cobbler recipe. I use it with any fruit or fruit pie filling.